Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Praia da Torre

When the weather gets warmer Torre Beach in Carcavelos is one the first places to get crowded. Anyway, the Carruagem Bar, an old train carriage converted into a bar, is always a nice place to lunch or have a drink just over the sea. Forte de São Julião da Barra, a 16th century fortress, is visible on the right.


See it in Google Maps

8 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Very nice summery shot - I wish I was there now :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Even better enlarged.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've improved your skils everytime i see your blog...for that let me give you my respects.
This image looks very familiary to me.
I´m waiting for an ivitation for dinner or simple a glass of wine (or Caña).
This time you chose the place LOL
João P.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Paul,
As I told you once, as soon as I win the lottery (I have a feeling it’ll be next week) you just have to grab the passport and pack your bags.

João,
Please, don’t exaggerate on my skills. About the dinner, it’s promised.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Ai...the great Portuguese word for a heavy sigh. That's what I am feeling. It's like à la recherche des temps perdus. The 'Carruagem', etc.
And is that Mr Pequenão dropping in above? João, what's happening, mate? Do you have these dinners often?
Owe you a reply, Calros, I know. but things aren't so great at the moment.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

CAAAAAAAAAAAARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this shot and wanna be there TOOOOOOO!!!!!

With You and Stew and Pauly and SS!
(Someone Special!) ;)))))

AWESOME firework shots too....where have I BEEEEEENNNNNN????!!!!!!

I'll be back to bug ya more SOON!

Gotta play catch-up!!!

=)))
XO

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot. It looks like a wonderful place to sit, have coffee, and watch the scene below. Wish I could visit.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home