Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Docas

In the 90s the Lisbon Port Authorities decided to requalify some of their riverside properties. The old warehouses were converted into some of best bars and restaurants in the city. In a privileged area, near the Bridge and the quay, the Docas (docks) are one of the most popular places in the Lisbon's extensive nightlife.






Note: After uploaded, the blogger resized pictures are a bit "burned". The enlarged versions look much better.

See it in Google Maps

6 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

Cool...they're amazing!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Carlos, you are getting to be a very good artist with the camera!
The top shot has fantastic composition - the bridge shot has great composition & lighting.
You are working so much lately - do you take this pics after work? Or do you set out to take twilight pics?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Yes, much better enlarged, the cruise ship takes on a beautiful light scheme.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Analía said...

I read what Nikon said and I enlarged the pictures too. They are great!!
Are you ok Carlos? I hope you have a beautiful week
xoxoxox Ani

2:27 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Why is it that old warehouses make such good eateries?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Amazing shots Carlos!

Remember me? LOL! ;)x

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home