Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Praça do Município

The Praça do Município is a downtown square where the city hall is located (not visible in the picture). In the center of the square there's an XVIII century pillory of unknown author.



See it in Google Maps

10 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

I love the architecture of what I think are apartment houses? They look like Paris styles.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olá! Grande fotografia, belas núvens...

6:52 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

Oooooooo! I like that yellow building up behind on the hill! =) Nice to see a new shot Carlos! Beautiful square too! Hi Paul! ;)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Yes i love the sunny yellow building too. Are they apartments?

9:22 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Hi Ame, Carlos takes good shots!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Hi Paul, P, Ame and Lynn

Yes the yellow building in the hill are apartments, but what you don't know (except P) is that on the left, right from their windows they have the Tagus river at 200 yards.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

And what makes you think I didn't know that :)

6:13 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

LOL!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I wonder why people used to erect pilers alone - I've seen them elsewhere, too. Just pillars, supporting nothing... I love the look of them, but I guess it doesn't make practical sense to me.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home