Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bairro Alto - Rua Serpa Pinto

This is a view of the Serpa Pinto Street in the Bairro Alto area, one of the oldest districts of Lisbon. Serpa Pinto (1846-1900) was a explorer of the southern Africa and a colonial administrator. The Angolan village of Menongue was previously called Serpa Pinto.


See it in Google Maps

6 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Hi Carlos,
A nice twisting composition - best viewed enlarged, I think.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Hey Carlos...Hi From Santa Clara! Thanks for the link-in-comment "how-to" over in Lynn's post about the mailbox! I'm going to try it soon! And nice shot you have here...it almost looks like San Francisco...looking down into the Bay...really nice! Take care! =)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I Love the sea and the boat! Great atmosphere of the city.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I adore the first glimpse of the sea like this, it's very exciting. Reminds me of childhood holidays.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Paul,
Yes, I agree. Enlarged it's much stronger.

Ame,
I didn't know there was a Santa Clara in California. Although it's origin is probably Spanish, in Portuguese we spell it the same way. We have several Santa Claras in Portugal. In fact, we have several similarities with San Francisco. I'll get to it later.

Meg,
Thank you. Our Tagus estuary (Tejo in Portuguese) is almost like a sea.

Lynn,
You are very kind. Glad to receive your visit.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Scout said...

Carlos, this is a great shot, leading out to the water, giving us something to anticipate.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home