Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Chiado (enhanced)

After some friends contribution I've tried to enhance the Chiado photos.

Mannequin: Duplicate layer; Blend mode = multiply; Add Layer mask; Gradient tool from white to black starting at about the middle of the picture to bottom edge



Tuna: Duplicate layer; Blend mode = multiply (opacity = 30%); Crop

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Hi Carlos,
You can really see the improvement in the top one. The contrast really helps & I can see detail in the street & sidewalk. It looked like a thin covering of snow on the sidewalk before.
Same with the bottom one - contrast, richer color - & good cropping.
Very nice job.
Paul

1:17 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Yes, agree with Paul, particularly the cropping in for the tuna.
I can't stop long to comment, because estou à afogar em trabalho, vais ver no meu post de hoje!
I wish I could come with you on Thursday, what a lost opportunity, but it's work-work-work for now. Take care!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Both look remarkably better - great job. I dno't really understand the whole duplicate layer / multiply thing - I have to read that chapter in my photoshop book and do some experimenting!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home