Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Mark

The Portuguese Cardiology Society is promoting a campaign called The Mark to prevent cardiac diseases. There are 5000 paintings like this in sidewalks all over the country. Although Cancer and AIDS are more feared, cardiac disease is still the main cause of dead in western countries. From the beginning of the campaign (March 3rd) 19.100 persons died in Portugal of cardiac disease.
In The Mark is written: Don't be the next victim. Go to your doctor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay Taber said...

I thought it was a designated break-dancing zone.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Nuno said...

Hi Carlos, here this campaign is over but i got a photo of it for future. It was a great idea except where they painted the floor in sidewalks, now we can only see white scratches.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

And don't get killed crossing the road on the way!
Weird, i haven't seen any of these this year. I remember an earlier campaign though.
e o teu Domingo, foste na Ponte VG? Eu cheguei à MN Arte Antiga à volta das 10 H para ver o último dia da expo de arte Frei Angelico to Bonnard. Fantastic! So many people there. I think it was extended for another month. Worth going.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home