Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

José Alvalade Stadium

This post may seem a "bit" out of context so I hope the visitors can forgive me. Although I'm not even a fan of this team, it happens that I live nearby the Stadium and felt that tonight's fantastic atmosphere deserved a photo. The picture was taken 10 minutes from the end, when Sporting was beating Inter Milan by 1-0 for the Champions League. Anyway, that was the final score.
Now, allez Porto... allez Benfica...

José Alvalade Stadium is the new home of Sporting Lisbon. It hosted several Euro 2004 matches (including one semi-final - Portugal vs Netherlands) and the 2005 UEFA Cup Final. It has an all-seater capacity of 52.000 and incorporates a shopping center, a bowling alley, a multiplex cinema and restaurants.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

I think the spiral in the foreground complements the round stadium in a nice composition.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos nem vou comentar...este ultimo post...temos de ter uma conversa

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fica-te bem falares assim do SCP.
Sinto que finalmente estás a ir no caminho certo....

Sporting allez!!!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home