Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lisbon in September

This was a really special weekend. So many things were happening at the same time in the city that I didn't know what to post. I must say I had never experienced such great atmosphere in Lisbon as in this September.

We're having the second edition of the Luzboa Light Biennale with urban art interventions and lots of cultural events in public space. Here we have São Carlos Square in green and Camões Square in red.





Today the VII edition of Half Marathon of Portugal took place. As usual, it started in the middle of the Vasco da Gama Bridge with about 16000 participants and, as usual, the Kenyans didn't give a chance.





The European Heritage Journeys are also organizing lots of initiatives but unfortunately didn’t manage to attend any (see LDPs post).

3 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

So Carlos, you made it to the bridge! I went to the galerias romanas, arrived at 10.05, joined the fila in Rua dos Sapateiros, about 500 metres from the galerias entrance in Rua da Conceição....and finally went down the steps into the galerias at....14.25 horas!!!. Worth the wait. And there was a huge fire behind us at the top of praça de Figueira, but I would not leave the line. So I shot pictures ogf smoke of bombeiros at the top of their ladder from 400 metres away!
Then, on to the Museum of the Teatro Romano, excellent. From the museum, you have the most astonishing view into the Sé.
Finally, on to Jeronimos to tour the cloisters etc, by whichtime it was raining & sad,
Thanks for posting something on Luzboa. I would love to see it, but this year, everything's changed, being in VFX. nothing is the same anymore. And do you really think this Sept is better than others? I don't, I believe last year was better, & 2004. Wow! What a long comment, more like a crónica. Peço desculpa!! :)

10:31 PM  
Blogger aphotoaday said...

In fact, a busy weekend for "lisboners" (como é que se diz lisboense?!).. a great city that makes you busy even in leisure hours!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Great work Carlos - you have been busy!
Your page is looking very good.
Paul

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home