Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Lisbon, World

Dear Friends,
When I started this blog on the 27th July I wasn't sure it would last long. I stated several times my skills with the camera were limited but it didn’t worry me because I just wanted to show a bit of Lisbon. Along these past 5 months I learned I knew nothing about my city, and finally understood why so many people from all over the world visit it. I met people, I made a few good friends, I saw great pictures from wonderful places (some of them so close like Sintra or Porto), etc.
I whish a great year of 2007 to the world in general but particularly to all the 2006 visitors I'm able to identify: Analia from Uruguay, Aphotoaday from Lisbon, Portugal, Jennifer Schaeffer from Lincoln, Nebraska, Jenny from Sharon, Connecticut, João Proença from Sintra, Portugal, José Carvalho from Portugal, LP from Portugal, Manuel Tendero from Spain, Marjan Hols-Reis from Holland (living in Portugal), Meg and Ben Nakagawa from Nelson, New Zealand, Mile Stone from UK (living in Portugal), Nuno from Porto, Portugal, Paul (Nikon) from Providence, Rhode Island, Photo-effe from Switzerland, Portellini from Portugal, Spartacus O'Neal from San Francisco, California and Thiên from Seguin, Texas.


Photo by Nick Yee

6 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Carlos, when I have time to blog-travel, I wander around the globe, checking on who's done what. But somehow, I only saw this today. I think it was a great, original way to offer the New Year greetings & wishes.
I offer you in return strength, peace, good health and that you keep on doing this. After all, as you've said, you now know there is still a huge lot of Lisbon to see and capture!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy New 2007 to you, too. You changed your profile photo! Love it. Do please show us more of the old buildings of Lisbon and the tiles. And that curvy street where the street car passes. Look forward to this year from Lisbon.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Happy New Year to you too. Can i join your list now? ;)lol

1:30 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Hi Carlos,
I like that shot - and thanks for including me with the group of visitors.
Good luck to you and everyone on your list in 2007.
Paul

1:06 AM  
Blogger None said...

Happy NewYear wishes from The Netherlands !

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home