Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Downtown in Christmas

After an almost 3 week interregnum, that I'll try to avoid in the future, I'm back with a post that may seem a cliché, but that's inevitable. These pictures were taken in a walk between Rossio and Praça do Comércio last Saturday.



Rossio with the Dom Pedro IV statue and it's Christmas decoration



The Santa Justa Street and the Santa Justa Lift



Praça do Comércio and the 72m (236ft) Christmas Tree (Europe's tallest in parallel with Warsow)

3 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

Well, I'll try to 'compete', but this year just isn't the same after all those years when I adored walking in the evenings around the Baixa & Chiado. And driving further for the lights. I have a pretty large archive & evewntually, I'll get round to posting some, 'cos they are special. But seriously, I really do not feel it this year. this pic is the first time I've seen the tree lit up. 2 first-rate tips, Carlos: (1) GO UP TO CASTELO SÂO JORGE! Be there (com uma factura, como prova de morador em Lx,assim não pagas a entrada)at about 17.10 horas, vais ver um espectáculo.
(2)GO ACROSS TO CAÇILHAS (ferry is best, or road through Almada)be there same time, specially if sky is clear. And watch ther show as the sun dpearts and the illuminations come on in the city. Another great show! And don't forget your tripé!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Carlos, I love the composition - the first shot has that amazing line of buildings on the right; nice perspective.
I'll forgive the interregnum - it's the holidays, afterall :)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Analía said...

Carlos, I came here after reading the poem you wrote in Mile's blog, it was very beautiful!! You have a very good blog, and the pictures are great! Keep it up. I'll come back soon, Ani

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home