Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Parque das Nações

In 1998 Lisbon hosted the last World Exposition of the century, EXPO’98. It covered a total of 72,500 m2 where it received the 160 participants (146 countries and 14 international organizations). Their flags are still hoisted (on the right). On the left there’s the Pavilhão Atlântico. The Parque das Nações project covers 340 ha, including 5 Km riverside and the Olivais Dock, a 1940’s airport for hydroplanes.


See it in Google Maps

7 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Very nice composition, Carlos, especially on the trees, lamps, and flagpoles. That's almost perfect :)
Paul

12:54 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

I can just imagine you standing at the top of the staircase outside the V da G commercial centro. I like this view - and the almost-night effect, excellent - much better than the earlier one a couple of months ago. This is really a great photo. Do you remember I said how difficult it is to shoot the Pav. Atlântico completely? Well, I guess one solution is from the teleférico, which is not the cheap solution!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Hey Carlos, are you over-working? Have you dropped out, like a few others this month? What is it with Dezembro? And me, I've moved into 'causes'!!!! Abraços.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

This one is much better enlarged: the moon and the sky are so mysterious.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Lovely blues! I see you haven't posted often lately - but I hope you keep going - I do like your pictures a lot!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Sometimes a word is all we need to keep going and this is one of those times. Thank you Jenny, Meg, Stewart and Paul.
Carlos

10:58 PM  
Blogger Glauce said...

I love the color of the sky... Just like a dream... Thank you Carlos... Greetings from Brasil...

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home