Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Estoril Open

As a Tennis fanatic (which doesn't translate into skills) I couldn't miss the most important Tennis event held in Portugal: Estoril Open (April 28 to May 6). This year four ATP Top 10 Star confirmed their participation: Nikolay Davydenko (4th), Fernando Gonzalez (5th), Novak Djokovic (7th), Andy Murray (10th).

Technically, the Estádio Nacional it's not in Lisbon (it's about 3 miles of the city limit). It includes the National Football Stadium, several football fields, swimming pools, tennis courts, etc. It’s a very pleasant place to spend a Weekend morning.

update: Unfortunately the British tennis sensation, Andy Murray, didn’t recovered from a back injury and won’t be able to go to Estoril. The Spanish Tommy Robredo (ATP 5th), who reached the final in 2005 and the semifinals in 2003, has replaced Murray.



Playing with my friends Carlos Matos (who took the last picture), João and Jorge.


What do you mean “Out”?


See it in Google Maps

6 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Hi Carlos! I've posted on my other blog some photos of Portugal and I couldn't help remembering you. Hope you like it. And I could use a little help from you. There's a picture I didn't know how to name it in English. Perhaps you know. It's a picture of the Monumento aos Navegantes. Que nome se dá a esse maravilhoso monumento em Inglês?

Aliás, quando lá estive fiquei bastante emocionada em saber que de lá saíram as naus que vieram a descobrir o Brasil!

If you'd like to take a look click here

3:19 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Carlos, obrigada pela ajuda! Sabia que poderia contar com você he he
Já fiz a correção do nome do monumento em Lisboa!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Nikon said...

So that's you in the 2 bottom photos?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Hi Monica,
It's a pleasure to help. Well, you crossed the all Europe. Although you live the other side of the Atlantic you know now more Europe than me. LOL

Hi Paul,
Yes! That's me but… laughing is not aloud.
You've been very quiet... oh, I know, the Eça de Queiroz book is hard to digest. LOL

4:12 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

New Balls Please!!
You're a sporty guy Carlos! I'm jealous.
Shame about Andy M, though.
Thanks to you, I just learned about ame's Dad. It's really a coincidence, seeing as what I posted tonight will link with her loss, as well as Ruth's. Extraordinary, but that is what happens.
Wellness to you

9:44 PM  
Blogger Analía said...

Hey! who's that guy playing tennis? Cute!!
I hope you are doing fine Carlos.
I loved the pictures, as always.
Hugs and kisses
ANi

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home