Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Jardim Botânico II

The Lisbon Botanical Garden (a section of the National Museum of Natural History) was planted between 1858 and 1878 and is currently one of the best in Europe. Right in the heart of city, with an area of 4 ha (10 acre), it's one of the most pleasant places to spend a hot afternoon. After reading an excerpt of C.N.Tavares work (Historia do Jardim Botânico da Faculdade de Ciências de Lisboa), I must point out the importance of two names in its history: Count Ficalho and Prof. Andrade Corvo.






See it in Google Maps

5 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Looks beautiful Carlos - have a good weekend!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I think the Jardim Botanico de Lisboa must be very similar to ours. Well, it's only natural.

How great that there will be an Air Race in Porto. The scenario will be great huh! If you can, don't miss it, it's really amazing!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

And the present director, whose name I forget, is also impressive. A great, under-used place. And the winning tree is...............No, NOT Cristiano Ronaldo!
Thanks for visit & I'm waiting. Cheers

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

WOW! Beaut outdoor shots Carlos...and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Got my package toDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Took a pic of it in the mailbox, LOL!

Can't wait to open it in a bit!

OH, and thanks so much for your kind words about my Dad...means a lot!

=)
xo

12:37 AM  
Blogger Glauce said...

I agree with Monica - your Jardim Botanico seems like ours... Ours was created in 1808 - by your very own D. Joao IV :) and its tall palm trees still stand up high there up to this day.
http://www.jbrj.gov.br/ingles/history/index.htm

have a nice day!! :)

Glauce

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home