Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Friday, July 27, 2007

CCB - Centro Cultural de Belém



To celebrate one year of Lisbon Weekly Photo I chose the CCB - Centro Cultural de Belém (Belém Cultural Center). It is the largest cultural related building in Portugal and was built between 1989 and 1992. At the time, the project raised a lot of criticism because a small country like Portugal shouldn’t afford such cost. Those issues are gone and it is now not only unanimous but also a reason of proud for the city.





See it in Google Maps

7 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Great shots, Carlos - I really love the center one when it is enlarged.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Nikon said...

Good God, I forgot this is the one year post!!
Wasn't the first shot of a trolley?
Congratulations, Carlos - enjoy your summer :)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Thanks Paul.

I hope you have a good summer too. I am now on vacation.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Analía said...

I envy you guys, summer? and I'm freezing here in Uruguay :(
Carlos nice pictures!!
How have you been?
xoxoxo
Ani

12:12 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Viva, C! I must say, I really like the middle one too. CCB (minus Berardo, please!), antime of day, night or year, yet another endless photo-theme.
De férias (the country's 4th F-word)? Bem merecido, and how I wish.......
Be well,
Stew

6:15 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Hi Analia and Stew,
I'm already back from vacations. Ohhhh vacations... I can't even remember those days... Los Chiringuitos e las hamacas. The fastest week of the year :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Raghu Ram Prasad said...

Nice angles....good photos...really nice to see all these things..thanks

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home