Lisbon Weekly Photo

The idea came up after visiting several “DailyPhoto” sites, particularly the one from Paris, which is my other favorite city. Since LisbonDailyPhoto was getting posts very irregularly, I decided to create this place. Although my skills and my Exilim Z110 are very limited, I hope to deserve your visit. Please leave your comments (any comments) so I can improve.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

São Vicente de Fora and Pantheon

This picture was taken from Largo Portas do Sol. The two illuminated buildings are and the National Phanteon (mentioned before) and the Church of São Vicente de Fora (meaning “Monastery of St. Vincent Outside the [city] Walls”). The original monastery, built around 1147, was dedicated to the patron saint of Lisbon: Saint Vincent of Saragossa (from the Aragon region of Spain).


7 Comments:

Blogger Nikon said...

Beautiful night shot, Carlos - especially the lighting on the buildings.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Analía said...

I came here chasing my dear nikon haha, not true.
How are you Carlos? Lovely pic!!I'm back to blogger :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Analía said...

Carlitos, I need your help and if possible, you readers'!! I'm encouraging my students to write using the Internet, but I think it would be great if they see people from different countries are coming to read them. Please, pay them a visit and leave a comment. Kiss and thanks!!
Here are the links:
http://donotreadmythiblog.blogspot.com
http://preprofwritingproject.blogspot.com

6:48 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Carlos!!!!!
I can't believe I haven't been to check up on your output in more than 3 months. Doesn't make sense, now finding 3 monthly posts that are new to me. But great photos - all bringing out my saudades for places farther & farther away.
My news? Come and see at my Pavão de São João post earlier this month.
What a great night shot of São Vicente! Hope all is well with you.
Stew

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jay Taber said...

Thank you for keeping this site up. It is sad when people remove their beautiful works of blog art.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Para quando o regresso do mestre?

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home